This guide is about how to HardSPL & Restore StockSPL for your Xperia X1:
* HardSPL is needed ONLY if you want to flash Custom/Cooked/Non Official ROM to your Xperia X1
* Make sure you have NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed on your PC!
* If you have Vista/Windows 7, make sure you have Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 installed on your PC!
A. How to HardSPL
1. Download HardSPL tool here: X1_HardSPL_v1.zip
2. Extract X1_HardSPL_v1.zip to a new folder on your PC (the extracted file should be X1_HardSPL.exe)
3. Connect X1 to PC, and sync with ActiveSync (XP) or WMDC (Vista/Win7) and make sure without error!
4. Run X1_HardSPL.exe (with Vista/Win7, you must run as administrator)
5. Follow steps in the PC screen, and check on the device for prompts after PC shows loading bar
6. It should go to tricolour screen now
7. Hard-SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done!
8. To confirm you got it installed, turn off your X1, go into bootloader mode(tricolour screen) by press Volume Down button (right side) + Power button and verify the screen shows 0.72.OliNex
In case if you get error when do the hardSPL, please check the items below:
- The sync results have no error, if yes, go to your X1 USBtoPC (Settings > Connection), uncheck "Advanced Network Functionality" & try again.
- Besure there's no file kovsimg.nbh in your storage card root directory. If yes, delete the file & try again
- Try another USB port on your PC (Do not use USB Hub!)
B. How to Restore StockSPL (SPL Original X1)
Just in case if you want to claim warranty, ie. needs the device to be repaired or serviced to SESC, you'll need to restore the SPL to StockSPL.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to first restore/flash stock ROM, and stock Radio. Stock SPL is always to be done last!!!
1. Download ruusigned_072stockspl.zip
2. Download X1_HardSPL_v1.zip as above
3. Extract both files to each new folder separately on your pc.
4. Run X1_HardSPL.exe, but do not click the Next button
5. Copy file ruu_signed.nbh (extracted from point no.1) to/replace the file ruu_signed.nbh at the X1_hardspl folder (point no.2)
6. Go on with the ruu at the point no.4 till it goes to 100%, reboots and done.
7. To verify, enter bootloader (see description above in this post), and check version number on tricolour screen. it should say 0.72.0000.