- Always Pull Battery before Flashing new rom as:
* Recommended by SEUS
* Different roms might be use different drivers/kernel.
- Always Task29 (Format Internal Memory) before Flashing new rom and HardReset after Flash for Better result.
- Flashing rom with CustomRUU is recommended instead of Micro SD Method.
- How to Flash rom with CustomRUU after Task29:
* Make sure there's no KOVSIMG.NBH file in your X1 root directory SD card.
* Do the Task29
* X1 will restart itself and stuck at the SE logo screen.
* Pull Battery
* Enter Bootloader by press and hold VOLUME DOWN button and POWER button, X1 will go to Tri Color screen
* Connect X1 with PC
* Run CustomRUU (CustomRUU.exe and RUU_Signed.nbh/Kovsimg.nbh should be in a same folder)
- Softreset after Restoring Contacts, Data & Settings.
- Always install application to Device Memory instead of Storage Card except large apps ie. GarminXT or IGO
* Read/Write from device will be faster than Storage Card
* 826x roms always provide large enough Free Storage approx. 200MB - 250MB (larger than a stock rom size)
* Applications installed at Storage Card may becomes bugs for your next new roms.
* Some applications will need a softreset after installing to run properly.
- For ROMs with HTC Sense:
* How to change alert ringtones:
1. Go to Sense's Settings Tab (Not WM Setting Sound & Notifications)
2. Sound & Display
3. Notification Sounds
4. Tap the text of the alert type you want to change (Not ONLY slide the On/Of)
5. It will bring you to the ringtone list.
* Do not enable Weather Animation at the Hometab if you want better performance.
* At the Sense's People tab and Internet tab, you can quick remove shortcut by "Tap & Hold the shortcut till it vibrate, then drag and move it"
* Enable screen wake up when receiving SMS:
or simply install this cab: 826x EnableSMSScreenWakeUp
Screen stay off when receiving SMS is not a bug, it's HTC Sense's default setting!
* When receiving call, you can MUTE the sound by pressing Volume Up / Down button.
* Cab to revert to Default Taskbar Icon: 826x DefaultTaskbarIcon
* For those who don't use A-GPS and My Location feature can install this cab: 826x DisableMyLocationAGPS, it will:
- Remove 3 un-needed services from start-up (meaning speed-up your start-up a bit and save memory usage)
- Remove "My Location" from Weather tab city list.
(Softrest after installation)
will be updated later..